xG Schedule™ is the industry’s first cloud-based planning and scheduling system for linear, on-demand and digital platforms. This integrated system enables Programming teams to plan schedules across multiple linear, nonlinear, web and mobile platforms with streamlined validation against content and usage rights, as well as organizational business rules.
With xG Schedule, you can maximize your content assets with streamlined, unified nonlinear and linear scheduling operations that grow as your company adds delivery platforms. Extensive planning tools help you delight viewers and avoid wasted runs with full visibility to your content portfolio. xG Schedule works cohesively with Imagine Communications xG modules, as well as Landmark™ Sales, Rights & Scheduling and Broadcast Master™ management suite, to create an intelligent, end-to-end workflow for nonlinear/linear scheduling to get the most from your content investment.
xG Schedule speaks your language. The true, globalized application dynamically adapts to all languages and cultures — and is the only system to offer native support for right-to-left (RTL) orientations. All items in the system will appear in the selected language, including menus, dates and times, schedules and content information. The system also supports full multicurrency capabilities, allowing you to support varying regions and markets in a centralized or distributed environment, while notifications and alarms automatically keep track of changes relevant to your job.
Focus on scheduling and program planning, not on what makes it run. xG Schedule leverages the latest technology and flexible deployment methodologies allowing cloud, on-premise or hybrid implementations. Access the system from any platform, anywhere, leverage tight integrations across the business and simplify your operations.
- Reduce operational costs with no terminal services or desktop virtualization, a shared database infrastructure and no operating system requirements
- Increase scale with open APIs for easier integrations
- Manage content assets from planning through delivery across all distribution platforms and available usage windows
- Benefit from a unique, all-new, web-based user experience with a user-tested workflow and customizable KPI dashboards
- Operate in your language and culture, with a global application that natively works on any device
- Connect with real-time touch points integrating sales, rights, scheduling, linear playout, nonlinear delivery and finance
- Evolve with modular replacements of Landmark™ Rights & Scheduling, Broadcast Master™ and other systems, without undertaking a complete overhaul
Time-based Linear Scheduling
- Manage single or multichannel visual scheduling and nonlinear multiplatform content in a single application, to create the perfect presentation
- Seamless integration — Share scheduling data in real time with Landmark™ and Broadcast Master™
- Connect to operations — EPG Export and tight integration with playout automation
- Rules-based schedule pattern tools — Strip schedule entire seasons and movie pick lists
- Advanced Secondary Event management and placement
- Nonlinear Scheduling for On-Demand, Mobile and Streaming
- Manage packages and individual items with unprecedented flexibility, across year, month, week and day
- Group content even with staggered dates and multiple hiatus/exclusion periods
- Automatically schedule catch-up events
- Control the entire content-driven workflow from scheduling to dynamic ad insertion, leveraging Imagine’s xG ADS™ ad decision service and xG AIM™ manifest manipulator
- Schedule linear and nonlinear content on multiple platforms in one application
Contracts and Programs
- Integrate rights information and schedule windows within xG Schedule to ensure content licenses are valid across the multiplatform environment
- Rights usage validated directly on the schedule
- Easy-to-use, flexible search capabilities — Search across content inventory, without needing to know where the data was entered
- Integrated media playback — Preview a single item or review a complete commercial break
- Templates make scheduling quick and easy
- API layer incorporates external rights information
- KPI Dashboards
- Customizable dashboards spotlight your interests and provide instant focus on what matters — to you
- Drill-down from key measures — Revenue, regulatory, genre, contract status and more
- View from any device
- Multiple Widgets — Chart, Pie, Callout, Pivot
User Experience and Workflow
- Platform portability — First solution developed and tested on all desktop browsers, major Android™ devices and all Apple® devices
- Unique user experience
- True globalized application
- Comprehensive Search — Locate items across all data in the system
- Widgets and visual tools — Enhance workflow and communications
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, has received the NewBay Best of Show Award for the recently introduced xG Schedule™, a next-generation, cloud-based scheduling and planning system for linear, on-demand and digital platforms. The award was presented on April 20th at the 2016 NAB Show in Las Vegas, NV, by TV Technology.
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, today introduced xG Schedule™, a next-generation, cloud-based scheduling and planning system for linear, on-demand and digital platforms at the CABSAT 2016 tradeshow and exhibition in Dubai (booth ZA1 20). The latest innovation from the Imagine Communications revenue enablement portfolio provides broadcasters with a unified solution for leveraging content assets — from planning through delivery — across all distribution platforms and available usage windows, maximizing investment and streamlining operational workflow.
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, will showcase at the 2017 NAB Show how the company’s early embrace of a Cloud-Native strategy has enhanced and accelerated its ability to enable a large cross section of media & entertainment companies to transition portions — or all — of their operations to virtualized environments, including both public and private clouds. Visitors to the Imagine Communications booth (SL1516) will get a first-hand look at how the company’s latest innovations are helping to enable both content producers and distributors to realize significant boosts in agility, scalability and flexibility by moving ingest, playout, graphics, transcoding/encoding, Over-the-Top (OTT) services and dynamic ad insertion workflows to the cloud.
Download Data Sheet