The pioneering and proven Selenio 6800+™ has been a popular modular signal processing platform with broadcasters around the world for well over a decade. Available with a range of cost-effective, single-purpose modules spanning the breadth of SDI processing, distribution, video conversion and frame sync to a range of fiber optics solutions, the platform also offers audio processing capabilities.
With Selenio 6800+, products are designed with an “application-centric per module” concept that ensures straightforward system designs with lower costs, higher performance and a solution to address a variety of requirements. The platform’s high-density architecture supports up to 20 single-wide modules per 2RU frame — reducing frame count in your facility, and saving you rack space.
Whether you're handling audio, video or data, there’s an affordable and reliable Selenio 6800+ processing solution designed to meet your specific needs.
- Maximize space and cost efficiencies with high-capacity architecture in a 2RU frame
- Broad product portfolio supports a variety of applications and formats
- Fiber solutions reliably transport high-bandwidth signals over any distance with pristine quality
- Effortless setup and configuration enabled by field-proven control and monitoring options
Selenio 6800+™ Frame
- Direct Ethernet connectivity (10/100Base-T) to the frame, allowing reduced slot space and device control by SNMP third-party, HTTP Web browser and CCS™ applications
- Module communication via an internal high-speed data bus for thumbnail and enhanced alarm monitoring on Q-SEE™-compliant modules
- Capacity to hold up to 20 single-slot modules or equivalent, in any combination of module types
- Support for a wide array of input/output types, including analog video and audio, 3G\HD\SD\ASI-SDI, AES audio (balanced and unbalanced), fiber optics, Ethernet, serial data and RF
- Hot-swappable front and back modules with front access
- Backward-compatibility with all modules that operate on Selenio 6800+ QXF, XF and DM frames
- Light weight for outside broadcast applications
- Full Q-SEE support, including thumbnails, customizable alarms, waveform and vectorscope monitoring, and MPEG-4 streaming, for up to eight external inputs via the QSEE6800+HST module
- Frame video genlock loop, high-performance passive loop-through
- Support for two hot-swappable, redundant power supplies, each independently able to handle the complete frame power load (120 W); AC and DC power supplies can be mixed within one frame
- Integral fan cooling with front-to-back primary airflow designed to support full load at 122° F (50° C) ambient, with no thermal stacking limitations
- A variety of control methods to suit every operational environment: card-edge, CCS Navigator (PC-based control over Ethernet), HTTP Web browser, or third-party control systems via published SNMP MIBs for Selenio 6800+ modules
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, today announced that it has provided Taiwanese broadcaster Formosa TV with an end-to-end playout solution at the broadcaster’s new transmission control centre in Taipei.
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, has implemented a robust playout system at Alrai TV, the premium family entertainment satellite service based in Kuwait.
Download Data Sheet and Available Options/Modules