Platinum™ MX routing switchers combine a highly robust architecture with the flexibility required to future-proof your investment, delivering unsurpassed value for your mid-scale routing needs. All Platinum MX frames provide independent signal paths and crosspoints for audio and video, allowing complete versatility regardless of matrix size.
Designed to support high-quality routing of all analog and digital video and audio signals, Platinum MX seamlessly integrates the capabilities of a discrete audio infrastructure in a fully embedded video plant without the need for a secondary audio frame.
Supporting 24/7 operation, Platinum MX routing switchers are well-suited to network, local broadcaster, mobile production, cable, telco, military, government and corporate applications — any environment that requires routing of a large number of audio and video signals.
- Integrated video, audio and multiviewer capabilities in a compact frame – save on space, cabling, power
- Independent signal paths and crosspoints for video and audio – ensures versatility and reliability
- Mixed-signal routing (SD, HD, 3 Gb/s and audio)
- Up to 72x64 video in 5RU (up to 144x128 discrete stereo/audio)
- Up to 128x128 video in 9RU (up to 256x256 discrete stereo/audio)
- Independent signal paths and crosspoints for video and audio
- Optional eight-channel frame sync input card for wild feed ingest and audio shuffling, as well as demultiplexing of up to 16 channels of embedded audio in each video stream
- Modular I/O in groups of eight provides support for either coaxial or fiber connectivity
- Front-loading, hot-swappable modules for 24/7 operation
- Redundant power supplies, controllers and signal paths
- Mux/demux audio processing support
- Mux/demux 16 channels of audio per video stream
- Full mono breakaway audio routing support
- Seamless integration between demultiplexed and discrete audio
- Multiplex 16 channels of audio into each video output
- Enhanced control and monitoring
- Wide range of hardware control panels
- Powerful control integration for easy setup and configuraiton
- Software and web-based applications with user-configurable GUIs
- Protocol support for Magellan CCS™, SNMP and third-party vendors
- Secure access rights with restrictions by level, source and destination
- Video routing support
- 1080p (3 Gb/s) signal routing (any size)
- Almost any digital video signal from 3 Mb/s to 3 Gb/s including: HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI, SMPTE 310, SMPTE 305, etc.
- SMPTE-compliant analog video supported via conversion to/from SD-SDI on I/O
- Discrete audio routing support
- Digital audio signals including balanced and unbalanced AES
- Analog stereo/mono audio via conversion to/from AES on I/O modules
- Support for up to 16 embedded AES streams per video input
- “Quiet switch” with transitions
- Platinum™ SX Pro integrated internal multiviewer
- 32 discrete PiPs per module
- Up four IP decodes in addition to baseband
- Onscreen control
- CC presence and text
- Clocks and timers
- Tallies and UMDs
- Audio meters and phase
- True Embedded Audio Processing Router
Platinum MX combines the best of both high-bandwidth video signal routing and an internal TDM architecture to provide the world’s first embedded audio infrastructure router. By providing parallel signal paths and dedicated, redundant crosspoints for both audio and video within a single frame, Platinum MX is able to demux incoming embedded audio signals internally.
- Enhanced Control and Monitoring
Imagine Communications router control systems make even the most complex router configuration simple and intuitive to implement and maintain. Platinum MX frame features redundant control modules that store configuration information related to that frame in non-volatile memory, protecting your crucial configuration information and current routing status.
- Integrated Multiviewer Support
Platinum SX Pro is an output module that operates in any current Platinum router chassis (5, 9, 15 or 28RU). Occupying from one to four slots, the module can reside alone in a Platinum frame and function exclusively as a multiviewer or can be combined with routing cards for ultimate flexibility.
- Higher Reliability
Platinum MX routing frames are designed for harsh operation (including mobile truck environments) and feature front-loading, hot-swappable modules for ease of serviceability. Each Platinum MX frame supports redundant control, and redundant cross-points are available in most configurations.
Ready to see what your routing solution can look like? Check out our easy-to-use Platinum routing configuration tool. Select any size frame and matrix. Explore routing options that fit your needs and build your ideal system. With the Platinum™ router line — and our Magellan™ SDN Orchestrator software control solution — every choice is the right one.
Imagine Communications has implemented a new multichannel playout centre for Alpha TV in Athens. This new installation gives Alpha TV the ability to meet its viewers’ demand for HD on all channels, and builds a platform for future growth plans. It also ensures business continuity by providing full redundancy, eliminating the risk of any channel going off air.
Download Data Sheet