Given the ever-expanding variety of consumer devices in the multiscreen world, video service providers need state-of-the-art solutions that can easily adapt to the complexities of an ever-changing landscape. Our customers are facing a variety of challenges related to packaging solutions – increased infrastructure costs, need to reach more audiences on more devices, content security and the diverse everchanging ecosystem.
Our cloud-ready, highly scalable packaging solutions are specifically designed for the growing multiscreen world, with just-in-time capabilities that allow video service providers to minimize storage requirements and maximize their value to video consumers.
By using our Packager, our customers will rest easy knowing their content is being encrypted using the latest standards and supports a variety of formats like HLS, DASH and CMAF. Our Packager is unique in the market by being pre-integrated with leading digital rights management (DRM) servers and manifest manipulator for DAI workflows. Our Packager is also CDN agnostic to support your Multi-CDN and low latency strategy.
- Real-time linear segmentation, packaging, and encryption>
- Packages linear content for live, on-demand and just-in-time delivery
- Minimizes the need for multiple stored copies/li>
- Reduces operational and network bandwidth costs
- Supports easy migration to new packaging formats
- Enables timely distribution of live captured assets
- Allows video providers to cost-effectively expand their TV Everywhere libraries
- Offers flexible deployment options — available as software license or appliance
- Linear segmentation, packaging, and encryption
- Cloud-ready for virtualized deployments
- Ingest H.264/H.265-encoded video streams carried in a MPEG-2 transport stream (TS) and MPEG-2 encoded video streams carried in a MPEG-2 transport stream (TS)
- Supports all leading delivery protocols — HLS, CMAF, MSS, HDS, MPEG DASH, RTMP
- Outputs segmented “packaged” streams or files with full VOD manifests suitable for HTTP delivery
- Support for Closed Caption and DVB subtitles in HLS and MSS output
- IGMP v3 Source Specific Multicast (SSM) ingest
- Integrates key exchange with leading digital rights management (DRM) servers
- CDN-friendly — Origin server, reverse proxy, expires headers
- 1+1 active / active redundancy
- Flexibility of software or hardware can be deployed in Virtual Machine environments
Imagine Communications, empowering the media and entertainment industry through transformative innovation, will unveil at the 2017 NAB Show its integrated suite of products uniquely positioned to unleash the full power of the emerging ATSC 3.0 specifications. Imagine Communications will demonstrate how the next-generation television standard creates the opportunity for national and regional broadcasters to harness new business and distribution capabilities, including the integration of broadband and broadcast for targeted and personalized content and advertising.
Download Data Sheet