EPIC™ MV is a highly scalable, SDI/IP multiviewer for playout and monitoring environments, providing a single canvas for mixed signal types and a seamless transition path to an all-IP future. This microservices-based multiviewer is scalable to thousands of PiPs and hundreds of displays, providing a high-quality, low-TCO monitoring solution that optimizes IP infrastructure investment.
Designed to simplify monitoring environments, EPIC MV is a true hybrid solution that natively supports high-bandwidth uncompressed content, as well as low-bandwidth compressed streaming formats.
EPIC MV is a UHD-ready, multi-image display system with a rich set of supported tally, UMD protocols, and REST-API for the integration of control systems – it is primed for monitoring and monetizing content in high-value production environments.
- Flexibility – Optimize configurations for any system
- Scalability – Any interconnected unit can view any network signal, on any display
- One Solution – Monitor different signal types at once, ‘eyes-on’ or by exception
- Future-proof – Provides 4x1080p or dual UHD displays today, from a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) platform
- Microservices-based – Provides the elasticity to meet the pace of change and innovation in any facility
48 HD inputs via 4x PCiE cards per 2RU
- Up to 48x SD/HD/3G over SDI inputs (option)
- Up to 48x SD/HD @ 1.5Gb/s or 24x SD/HD @3Gb/s over ST 2022 inputs (option)
- Up to 48x SD/HD @ 1.5Gb/s or 24x SD/HD @3Gb/s over ST 2110 inputs
- Or any combination of SDI / ST 2022 / ST 2110 by increments of 12 inputs
2 UHD / 4 1080p displays
- H.264 and MPEG-2 CODECs standard
- High VQ and rich graphics capabilities
- Strong tally/UMD support, advanced content-based alarming
- Rules Engine for MBE behaviors
- PiP copies and sharing between devices
- SMPTE ST 2022-6/7 (max. 48 inputs) via option boards
- Low latency/High VQ
- UHD display support
- Landscape & Portrait displays
- Independent display control
- Rich graphics support & layout toolset
- Clock & Timer support
- Captioning, Subtitles & Teletext
- AFD/WSS decode
- GPIO (option)
- VNC client in a PiP
- MPEG-2/H.264 distribution decode
- MPEG & AAC audio decode
- DolbyE metadata monitoring
- Integration API available
- Magellan panel control
- Ideal as a playout and multichannel monitoring system where data integration, captions & subtitles, and complex alarm scenarios are prevalent
- Landscape and Portrait mode displays for optimal monitoring
- Open, standards-based solution supporting ST 2022-6/7, ST 2110 environments
When tpc’s UHD1 hit the road, this leading Swiss service provider became the first to broadcast a live sports event from a SMPTE ST 2110, full-IP, uncompressed UHD HDR OB truck.
Imagine Communications is providing the critical processing, monitoring and management technology underpinning a new, state-of-the-art UHD and IP-based production infrastructure at QVC Japan. The new facility, which supports uncompressed HD and UHD signals based on the SMPTE ST 2110 standards, enables the global shopping channel to significantly enhance the buying experience for Japanese viewers through the adoption of a software-based infrastructure that uses commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment.
Download Data Sheet