Imagine’s ad insertion for multiscreen (AIM) solution utilizes advanced adaptive bitrate (ABR) streaming to deliver hyper-targeted ads to smartphones, PCs, tablets, connected TVs and virtually any other device that receives live or on-demand video programming. By providing relevant ads in real time across various stream types — including live, VOD and Time-Shifted — and on subscribers’ preferred viewing devices, Imagine’s AIM allows broadcasters and service providers to generate high CPM ad revenue for their live and on-demand multiscreen video offerings.
Imagine’s AIM is a widely deployed ad insertion solution that supports multiple use-cases — including addressable ad insertion and program substitution — that span across multiple formats and devices. AIM is a key enabler for Imagine’s solutions for monetization and alternate content and for both OTT and linear distribution.
AIM is being already integrated with the leading ADS/Programmatic services that provides targeted and personalized ad serving. AIM combined with Imagine’s VDE (Video Delivery Edge), a digital-first, software-based ABR edge device with dynamic ad insertion, it can serve as the central point of delivery and reporting for a unified ad insertion ecosystem that spans multiscreen and broadcast, simplifying traffic and billing and enabling campaigns that span multiple delivery and consumption modes.
Imagine’s AIM system provides real-time, multiplatform advertising management and decision solutions to drive timely, relevant ads — delivering new opportunities for advertisers to engage with viewers.
- Extends proven, revenue-generating advertising model to TV Everywhere/multiscreen services
- Delivers targeted and relevant ads for all linear, VOD and Time-shifted content with hyper-targeting to individual subscribers, devices or DMAs
- Expedites time to market with an ultra-scalable, virtualizable, cloud-ready manifest manipulator, supporting pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll dynamic ad insertion
- Provides best-of-breed, pre-integrated ad and alternate content (blackout) solution with integrated geolocation
- Accommodates multiple CDN configurations, including edge cache routing
- Manages encrypted content mixed with unencrypted ads, as well as network/ad profile matching
- Supports HLS and DASH adaptive HTTP streaming technologies
AIM Playlist Server
- Interprets the original playlist manifest for a session, fetches the proper decisions from SCTE-130 or VAST ad decision services (ADS)
- Provides an accurate alternative manifest with seamless video splicing and ABR data
- Creates custom manifests per content, in real time or on-demand, in response to a device request
- Provides targeting information and alternate content for VOD, live and pre-record cloud DVR and blackouts
- Playback can be tailored based on business rules, content, alternate content events, and advertising opportunities
- Extensive scalability — for instance, capable of managing more than 10K sessions per 4 core VM
AIM Ad Workflow Engine
- Fully redundant management component for the provisioning, configuration, and maintenance of the AIM system
- Streamlines ad and ad-supported channel workflow management, event aggregation, failover, and analytics, as well as REST APIs for third-party integration
- Manages transcoding of ads from programmatic exchanges that may not be in the appropriate format or profile
- Open, standards-based dynamic ad insertion management
- Network-centric design removes device-specific integrations and provides secure, server-side metrics
- Lightweight, streamlined REST APIs for third-party integration
- VAST and SCTE 130 interfaces to ADS, POIS and ADR solutions from Imagine Communications or third-party providers, to create an end-to-end solution for the scalable delivery of addressable ads
Learn how you can speed up the monetization of video content and enter the ad insertion market without dependencies on an upstream content provider.
Looking for more ways to increase your OTT revenue? Discover what Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) can do for you.
Download Data Sheet