Regional Ad Distribution System
National broadcasters and station groups have traditionally been limited to a one-size-fits-all advertising model, with each destination in their distribution network receiving identical content and commercials over expensive satellite links. But as content providers migrate to terrestrial distribution infrastructure, the opportunity arises to expand their monetization options by enabling ad targeting on a region-by-region basis.
With the Regional Ad Distribution System from Imagine Communications, broadcast and cable television stations can now significantly expand ad-generated revenue through regional targeting of commercials. This first-of-its-kind, unified distribution solution utilizes proven, industry-standard OTT technologies in a broadcast workflow, allowing national broadcasters to produce derivative broadcast MPEG-TS. This can include alternate content for regionalized ad replacement or for any blackout requirements.
Comprising software-based components from Imagine’s unified distribution platform running on commercial off-the-shelf equipment, the Regional Ad Distribution System is based on the Selenio™ Video Delivery Edge (VDE) HTTP-to-UDP Gateway and Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) suite of products The business-driving solution leverages the robustness of HTTP and CDNs, scales easily from 10s to hundreds of zones, reduces the complexity of managing multiple playlists and servers and can even provide an alternate to IRDs.
- Increased Revenue
- Higher CPM through targeting/regionalization of ad opportunities (10% to 20% uplift for 10+ zones)
- Content/Ad replacement can be made in real time
- Future-proof Investment
- Next-generation capability built on existing, proven technology
- Utilizes modern, industry-proven technology (SCTE130/VAST, ESNI, HTTP)
- Ad substitution can be programmatic or algorithmic
- Small “compute” footprint that can be virtualized
- Streamlined, simplified operations
- Single platform to provide derivative broadcast streams and OTT services
- Simplified creation of derivative broadcast transport streams (alternate content and/or ads) from single program stream
- No need to maintain multiple traffic and automation lists
- Runs on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware