The xG POIS™ placement opportunity information service is used by cable, satellite and telco service providers to host metadata about the location and rights associated with alternate content opportunities within linear and on-demand video assets for the insertion of advertising media and alternate content such as program substitution. The service is a key component of Imagine’s Dynamic Advertising Insertion solution for the targeting of viewers with relevant ads, creating opportunities for targeting ads at a national, regional, local or even hyper-local level, as well as updating messages to prevent them from becoming stale or obsolete.
xG POIS works in conjunction with the xG AIM™ manifest manipulator and third-party ad insertion systems to identify linear ad positions, alternate content events, slates and blackouts, while providing attributes and constraints for each placement opportunity. Working with ad decision services (ADS), xG POIS validates and inserts SCTE standard-based cues in streams processed by integrated transcoders. The scalable solution also works with xG ADR™ and other ad decision routers to pre-fetch advertising placement opportunity information to spread the workload across large-scale operations.
- Monetize live and on-demand multiscreen video by inserting timely, relevant ads with a fully SCTE 130 part 5 standards-compliant solution
- Ensure consistency in implementing attributes and constraints across platforms, and supporting compliance, rights and policies of the content in which the placement opportunity exists
- Manipulate original video streams cost-effectively via simple integration with multiscreen video infrastructure, dynamic ad insertion (DAI) and cloud DVR implementations
- Schedule blackout and slate insertions using open API that incorporates general scheduling applications
- Leverage CableLabs standards, including
- ESAM for real-time signal processing and transcoding
- ESNI for ingest of blackout schedules
- AMI 3.0 for signal groups and placement opportunity regions