IMAGINE ICE BROADCAST SYSTEM
MORE HD CHOICES WITH FEWER INFRASTRUCTURE COSTS
With consumer demand for high-quality HD programming at an all-time high, operators must find a balance between adding more HD choices to their infrastructure and continuing to expand existing services like SD video, telephony and high speed data. Traditionally, the only way to accommodate an ever-growing need for bandwidth was to invest in expensive and time-consuming plant upgrades. Imagine has a better solution.
As the first platform to maximize the efficiency of existing distribution networks without sacrificing video quality, the Imagine ICE Broadcast System is recognized as the most powerful multi-codec, multi-rate, multi-resolution video processing platform available today.
The ICE Broadcast System includes:
- Multi-codec video transcoding to adapt source streams for exact requirements of linear and switched digital broadcast systems
- Multi-codec audio transcoding to convert multiple broadcast standards to AC-3 and advanced audio codec (AAC) outputs
- VBR Statistical Multiplexing for best picture quality and bandwidth efficiency
- CBR Coding and Clamping to support switched digital broadcast
- Quality and Compression Analysis tools to determine optimal channel line-ups
- 50% more HD video in the linear and/or SDV network
- ICE-VQA for 24/7/365 monitoring of delivered video quality
- ICE Illustrate® to correct for lost detail and contrast while maximizing image clarity
- Smooth integration into the operator’s existing architecture
- Multiple platforms that provide options for both high-density and carrier-class service reliability
The ICE Broadcast System’s core technology is reliable, flexible and scalable. Newly-introduced version 4.0 offers a smooth path from today’s traditional broadcast applications to tomorrow’s Internet and mobile services.
The ICE Broadcast System is deployed on blade‐based server systems to provide:
Rack and power efficiency that allows more server resources to be packed into a small and tightly
- Integrated switching and Ethernet cabling efficiency to save rack space and power, and to reduce the number of required Ethernet cables by 97%
- Robust system redundancy that provides operators with the highest level of operational confidence and allows them to deliver the best quality of experience to their customers
- SW‐application flexibility that allows quick and easy upgrades to support future requirements